Services / To Buy a Property
The agency Apta Domus, offers its clients all the necessary assistance for purchasing a property, from the moment of choosing the property through to the technical and legal procedures that constitute the “compromesso” and the following notary contract. This assistance is guaranteed by professional and qualified staff who can also be nominated from outside the agency, but most of all by the owner and administrator of Apta Domus, “Geometra” Bruno Coleschi, who can offer technical and legal advice based on 25 years professional experience as an estate agent. Normally the rules and procedures for purchasing are as follows:
1. The agency Apta Domus will provide the interested client with a technical report and all the documents necessary for the evaluation of the building regulations, local regulations and general standards of the property. They will also inform the buyer of any existing conditions or other points which could influence the choice of property, which the buyer would otherwise have no knowledge of.
2. Preparation of the offer. The agency prepare the offer, on the buyer’s behalf, which is then presented to the owner – with payment conditions and the amount offered.
3. If the offer is accepted by the owner, the agency will prepare the “compromesso”, where all the terms and conditions, price, means of payment, date of notary contract will all be detailed. Normally, when this contract is signed, the buyer pays the owner a deposit which will ensure that both the buyer and seller will respect all the terms agreed. The deposit, once paid, acts as a warranty and, unless both parties subsequently change their minds, will not be returned. The amount of the deposit changes according to different areas, but is normally between 10% and 30% of the total purchase price.
4. Within the date agreed in the “Compromesso” the final notary contract will be completed and signed, and usually the balance of payment will be made on the same day. The buyer can choose a notary he prefers to use and pays for all the necessary expenses incurred (notary fee, purchase tax etc).
5. By the date of the final contract the owner must normally present all the necessary documents relating to the property. In this phase, Apta Domus will verify and check that everything has been done properly and that all the conditions have been met, and will ensure that the sale is properly completed.
6. Taxes for the purchase of the property are different depending on the type of property and its fiscal status at the time of the purchase; however, usually the most common percentages are: 3% for the purchase of a building intended for habitation as long as it is the owners first property in Italy, 10% for the purchase of the building intended for habitation without the benefit of being the first property. Usually, for agricultural land the percentage is 18%, and for land which can be built on the percentage is 10%.
7. The necessary expenses for the purchase of a property are normally: fee for the notary for the contract, fee for the estate agent, registration tax and various taxes on the price “declared” on the notary contract (see point 6), eventual researches or particular reports on the property.